Works for me Wednesday: Fabric Softener

09 April 2008
I am sure you all guessed that I'm too frugal to just use fabric softener according to the instructions on the package. I want to get as much use as I can out of it, but it still has to do the job. So, here is what I do.

Dryer Sheets- I seem to find deals on these much more often that the liquids. I bring it home, open the box, pull out the entire stack of sheets and cut it into thirds. It works just as well, but lasts three times longer.

Liquid- I adore liquid fabric softener. It smells so good and I especially love it in my towel and sheet loads. Those two loads of laundry are the only things I actually follow the package instructions for. Everything else gets a wash cloth slightly dampened with liquid thrown into the dryer with it. This works really well.

Dryer Balls- I have been fighting the urge to pick some of these up at CVS. I have not known anyone who uses them, so don't know what to think. If anyone has feed back on this product, I'd love to hear it.

So, this is how I handle fabric softener. I know it's not an absolute necessity, but I like what it does for my laundry.

3 comments:

sassy2 said...

I love using my liquid softener on my towels too, but you have to actually use less on them because it makes them less resistant to absorbing water. But the sheets, hey, let it flow!!! Nothing snugglier than fresh sheets.

Anonymous said...

I recently found your blog and i love it! I am going to try putting some liquid on a washcloth in my next dryer load.

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Nessa, I can't believe I never thought of cutting the dryer sheets. That is such a great tip, I am going to start doing it right away! Thank you!